Monday, June 21, 2010

Elderly Challenge - Observation 4


My granny's anti nausea wristband


Yesterday, my granny came to Singapore to stay with us for a week. Today, we went out to have lunch. As my granny has diabetes, she had to be careful with whatever she eat. She also cannot eat food that are too hard for her dentures, for example fried food and crunchy vegetables. She also cannot eat spicy food. When my mum cook dinner, she had to cook the vegetables longer to soften them for my granny. I am wondering if hawker centers could provide “Elderly Meal”, just like Kids Meal. When my dad drive us around Singapore to show my granny around, my granny has this anti nausea wristband then will prevent her from getting motion sickness, which I thought is quite a nice invention. In the past, before my granny has it, she always have to eat something sour like lemon to prevent herself from vomiting.


No comments:

Post a Comment