Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Elderly Challenge - Observation 3

During my stay at my grandparents’ house in Malaysia, I observed that both my grandparents move around the house very slowly, need more support to move around. That is also a new handle for my granny to hold on when she walk up and down the stairs. The handle was built for her safety as she had previously fall down the stairs before. She always make sure that the chair is in the right position before she sit down. She also told me that when she wear slippers nowadays when she enter the kitchen and the toilet so that she will not slip and fall due to puddles of water. As she grow weaker, she don’t carry heavy stuff anymore, leaving it to my uncle and aunt who stayed with my grandparents. She also squat down to get things and get up more slowly. She still do light housework like feeding the chickens and brewing coffee as she will feel bored if she has nothing to do. When she was still fit, she could cycle to the streets to buy stuff. However, she can no longer cycle so my uncle will drive her to the streets whenever she need to buy some things.




The handle for my granny.


My granny's slippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment